I am going to test something out here...
When I come up with my commission prices, I usually factor in the time it will take me to do the commission (including set-up, reference hunting, and a whole bunch of other minor factors) and try to come up with a price to make it worth my while, and enticing enough to drag me away from other work.
But I think I'm going to try something new and see how it works. I am a very, very fast artist. I can get a really good pencil drawing done in an hour because I have decades of intense practice behind me. In fact, most of the pencil commissions I've done for people have taken less than an hour to draw. I think most of the images in this gallery lrcommissions.deviantart.com/g…
took an hour or less to draw, and I was charging $60 for a full body pencil drawing.
I've decided to give people the chance to get drawings out of me for only $30!!!!! Half the price I was charging.
Here are the rules:
* Pencil drawings only (though if I do a pencil drawing for you and you love it, I will ink it for another $30)
* Single character
* I choose the pose
* I will spend an hour on it.
* Characters can be yours, mine, or something from pop culture (comic books, etc)
* I will do my best to have a complete drawing, but can't guarantee it will happen in an hour if the subject is too complex
* I will send you a high-res digital scan for free. If you want the original artwork, include $3 for shipping/handling
* Must be pre-paid in full via paypal. When you send, DO NOT send as a payment because they charge me a fee! There are ways to send money via paypal so I don't get charged. Just make the payment type "Personal" and the reason "Other."
* First come, first served. Your commission will be done in the order I received it.
* Right now there are a limited number of slots. I haven't decided how many, but I'll cut it off if I start to feel it isn't working. I will finish every commission I was paid for.
This may be for a limited time only, so take advantage of it while you can!